- You will need
this file to complete this activity.
Black and white images make the best shapes. shapes, unlike brushes are
resizable vector images. They are strictly one color.
1. Copy this image and file =>new. Select ok, then click edit=>paste into
a new image in Photoshop.
Enlarge this image by clicking image => image size. Set the image to 800
wide and constrain proportions.
Using your magic wand set to tolerance of 100, and contiguous unchecked,
select the black areas with one click on the black.
Click Select=>inverse and then your backspace key. Click select deselect.
3. Using your eraser tool of 9 pixels hard brush, clean up the spaces
between the parts of the black image so that separate parts do not touch. Control click that layer to select the iamge again.
4. Click on your paths palette. Click the button on the bottom of the
paths palette that makes a path from a selection.
5. Using your convert point tool
adjust your path around the image to make the path lines fit better.
6. once you have adjusted our path, click on the right arrow on the paths
palette under the X and select fill path. Set the fill to black, 100%.
7. Click Edit Define Custom Shape. I called this "celtic 1 shape"
You are ready to draw this shape in a variety of sizes!.